A BLOG FOR ME IN GAY PARIS

12 June 2007

a brief update, before i die of exhaustion.

i wrote that last entry at 740 am in Paris, approximately 1.5 hours before i realized that my 1:35 pm flight no longer existed, and that i was really booked on an 11:30 flight home. i was fortunate enough to have checked my delta itinerary that contradicted my studentuniverse booking information, and of course, turned out to be right. so instead of exchanging my euros, dropping off my friend's bike, and returning another friend's cellphone, i entrusted said items to carlotta's boyfriend, ran out the door, successfully flagged a taxi, and made it to the airport at 1020. even at the airport, i had to hurry and cut in lines to get on my flight. but thankfully i was indeed aboard my flight. i have to confess i was looking forward to flying the later flight as it was operated by Air France, which means better food and an after-dinner Bailey's or Cognac. and speaking French. but i managed, and got back to Atlanta safely, where i met becca and my parents---my mom ALSO happened to find out about the flight change, so i didn't have to wait 3 hours for them to pick me up. and then we met my brother and his wife for a big american steak dinner at Ray's Killer Creek. and i put bone marrow on my steak, which has a very strange consistency but melts right on.

and so now i am home, totally exhausted and heading to bed. i still have a lot to process re: leaving France, moving back to the States, my year in Paris, things i've learned, etc. call me or email me and i'd love to chat about it with you.

barclay

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. what a rush. take care dude. :-)

12:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home